Monday 13 May 2013

Study Block Rant

My brain feels like it's going to explode >_< I've been trying to study every day and last week was incredibly productive, but now it feels like it's all just piling up and there's so much I have to do and ahhhhh >_<

So let me start again, right now Wes and I are trying to study for the JLPT N2 (2nd highest level) and I'm sure we can pass it but to get a really good grade we need to do more studying. This includes kanji, kanji based vocabulary (there's about 5+ for each kanji which when you do the maths means over 5000 words), vocabulary (not kanji based ones), grammar, and then reading and listening. Listening is fine, but there's just so much to do and I have a long to-do list by the end of May and it's not getting done as fast as I'd like.

This weekend was my birthday so we were out all day Saturday and Sunday and with today (Monday) being the first day back to class I was just so tired. I was so tired that when we got home I fell asleep for about 3 hours and that was pretty much all my study time gone for the day! (We had spent the rest of the time shopping for food, cooking, checking e-mails etc). It's even more frustrating because we have another N2 practice test tomorrow. We've had one every Tuesday for the last 3 weeks (including this time) and each time we do it I've either burnt my brain out studying or am too tired to really concentrate. And I want to actually get better on these things but there's not much time between each of them to get a large chunk of study in my head. I mean enough to make a noticeable difference on the test.

I can tell my brain's beginning to get a block because even with simple conversations I'm forgetting words and getting sounds mixed up >_< It's  incredibly frustrating. I know I just need to rest and take it all slowly, one step at a time, because trying to study with brain in this state does not help, but there's still so much to doooo~~

*Deep breath*

Bleh. I'll get tomorrows test done and then get back to working through my to-do list. やればできる

No comments:

Post a Comment